Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Almost 1 Year Later

Wow! 2009 has arrived and is a third of the way over. The New Year has brougth many things into our lives. Some wonderful and some not so wonderful. William is on his last stretch of Military life. He will be getting out in October of this year. I began a new job in January and I love it! God really answered my prayer this time but I was also very specific in my prayer. Now onto the kids.

DJ: is going to the 11th grade and has finished football, basketball and is now in track. He is jumping. He really has grown alot this last year. He is 6ft tall this year and so handsome but still a handfull. He finfished drivers ed and is studying to take his permit test!
Keanu: Well what can I say. he suffered a pelvis fracture with a hamstring tear on September 11, 2008. It was the Mt Carmel game. He was rushed to tChildren's hospital and after some morphine he felt like he could play again that day. Wrong answer! He was out for 5 weeks and came back week 6 but did not return to run the ball anymore that season. He had to endure 16 weeks of physical therapy and was finally cleared for the upcoming season. During his recovery he played freshman basketball and wrestling. Unfortunately I had to take a picture of a picture and it was blurry but you get the point, he has GROWN. He will be 15 this summer. Not my baby anymore!
Adrenna: Miss Ree-Ree is going to be 14 years old this year. She will graduate in June and move on to Madison with her brothers. She cheered for the Clairemont Hawks Midget team this season and will be trying out for the Warhawks Varsity squad, big ambitions for a freshman. She is working through Backhand spring class each week to prepare. Let's hope all her hard work pays off! She is also playing softball in Clairemont.
Bailey: Bailey also cheered this season and played basketball and is playing softball and continues gymnastics. Man i'm tired, are you! She is still her bubbly little self and will be in the 7th grade this fall.
Mackenzie: Also known as Max to her softball friends! She is getting so big. She will start middle school in the fall. She is continuing her rhythmic gymnastics and loving all the bending in her life.

As for Will and I: The same. We are sports crazies. Will will resume coaching in the fall! I am now the football booster club president. What was I thinking? No, I love to be there with the kids and Will and I will forever be known as "Coach" and "Momma D"! I wouldn't trade it for the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH look at the cute couple. Ebony and Ivory.

Diane said...

I am so glad that you are back!! I've been checking your site for a year... it finally paid off! Perserverance...LOL