Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Graduation 2007









graduation 2007 026
Originally uploaded by momof5blessed


Well I look at this picture and say, Well chicky you need to lose a few more pounds. Oh sorry my bad wrong story. I was so Thankful to God to see my son Dj graduate from 8th Grade. When he was in 3rd grade a teacher said he would never make it. He was SPECIAL! I told that woman that it was best that I leave her classroom before I reached over that table and smacked her one. We struggled to keep Dj going. He had lost all that fire for school because of one teacher. For the next couple of years the teachers and I worked diligently to make sure he did not fail. And anyone who knows me, knows that I will push until it hurts if I have to. I promised God when I left my husband that all the curses he spoke into our lives would not be true.

These are the teachers that made such a difference in his life in elememtary school. First Mrs Mackenzie, the Mr Roy and Mrs Haynes..........






So when Dj began to struggle, all that pain came back and I was determined to keep my promise to God. Now 5 years later, here he is, 3.0 student and starting freshman receiver for the Madison Warhawks. His self-esteem has grown and so has his HEAD. He is the life of the party and has a great love for life and all it has to offer. Congratulations Dj. We love you. Keanu next year I will write about you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

baby, you look mighty fine to me... oops wrong note. thank you to all of you that helped make this day possible. and to that one teacher i'm sticking my tongue out at you........

Diane said...

It is with God's Blessings that you have been strong enough to withstand the trials...and succeed. Bless you all - and Happy Graduation.

Anonymous said...

GO DJ GO DJ GO DJ!!!!!!!! So proud that you made it!! AWESOME JOB!!