Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Parent Teacher Conferences, Friend or Foe?

I hate this time of year where the schools are concerned. Who gives out report cards right before Christmas? Well Mackenzie and Bailey both had conferences. One went great and the other well...........Mackenzie got all A's wohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bailey on the other hand got grades well below what she is capable of. She has become such a social butterfly. The drama follows her. SHe was missing 4 out of 9 reading logs and 6 homework assignments. I couldn't understand how because she knows that I would find out. I check there work, ALL 5 Kids, even my middle schoolers. However I can't track down a fib on homework. Don't get me wrong she's not failing or anything. I just can't believe that she would let her social life affect her scholastic life like this. So since she wants to be so social at school then she loses her social life at home. I also asked the teacher why she did not advise me sooner. She tried to sugar coat the conference but I was not even trying to hear the common chit chater from her. Bailey is so smart and bright and has a great personality but I told her that her one job is school and that she needs to treat it as such and do the best she can. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All is well today. everyone actually had a great day. Minor arguing between kids but other than that it was cool..............Chat tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was glad to talk to you but I hate hearing you like that I hope it will pass. Love ya

Anonymous said...

i have no problem talkin to myself

Anonymous said...

no you don't Will